It’s been a long time, I shouldn’ta left you…
Sorry I haven’t posted in awhile, It’s been a combination of me being extremely busy as well as some laziness on my part. One thing that will help me establish some consistency is you (the reader/listener) letting me know how you currently use this blog, and how you would like to use this blog. I’m open to any and all feedback/suggestions.
However, while I have your attention, I’ll update you on a few things, in particular my schedule and what you should (and shouldn’t) be listening to.. Here’s my upcoming schedule for the next week or so:
- Sunday June 2nd – I’ll be spinning at the DayLife Festival in LES (Lower East Side) of New York City from 12-5PM. I’ll be giving free DJ lessons and doing spin art. You can find me at the Scratch DJ Academy tent…don’t worry, I had no clue what spin art was until recently either, but trust me you’ll love it. Lastly, if you’re really interested in learning how to DJ I will be giving out discount cards for classes at Scratch DJ Academy. Thank me later.
- Friday June 7th – I’ll be spinning at Bloomingdale’s on 59th Street in New York City. You can find me in the Havaianas section providing tunes while you shop for chancletas. I’ll be there from 4-7PM.
- Saturday June 8th – I’ll be spinning the Pottery Barn 10 year anniversary at there store on 2nd Avenue in New York City from 12-3PM
You should still be listening to Justin Timberlake’s album and Kendrick Lamar’s album, those have both stood the test of time. If you haven’t heard these albums, then you’re truly missing out on some really good music.
The-Dream’s new album IV Play just dropped last week. My favorite joints are “Michael”, “Turnt f/ Beyonce & 2 Chainz”, and “High Art f/ Jay-Z”. I’m a huge Dream fan so my opinion is biased, but you probably are too and just don’t know it. Check out his songwriting & production catalog if you don’t believe me.
French Montana also dropped a solid project called Excuse My French. This album is actually pretty good. It’s better than whatever you expected it to be. So if you thought it was gonna be wack, then you’ll think it’s decent after a listen. If you’re like me and thought it was gonna be “ehhh”, you’ll realize that it’s actually a pretty good album. The joints I like are “Bust It Open” & “Ballin Out f/ Jeremih & Diddy”, but the joints I put on repeat when I ride the train are “We Go Where Ever We Want f/ Ne-Yo & Raekwon” and the ubiquitous “Ain’t Worried Bout Nothin”, by the way, Diddy goes in on his verse, yeah I just typed that. Haaaaaaaaaan!!!!
Anyways, enjoy the mix. It’s a tribute to one of my favorite “ratchet” producers Mike Will who is the man behind Future’s sound.[audio https://carverthegreat.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/mike-will-made-it.mp3]
Tracklist | DOWNLOAD (right/ctrl click, save as)
1. 2 Chainz – Got One
2. French Montana – Marble Floors
3. Rick Ross – King Of Diamonds
4. Ace Hood – Bugatti
5. Juicy J – Show Out
6. Juicy J – Bandz
7. Rihanna – Pour It Up
8. Lil Wayne – Love Me
9. 2 Chainz – No Lie
10. Future – Turn On The Lights
11. Jeezy – Way Too Gone
12. Future – Ain’t No Way Around It
13. Future – Neva End
14. Ciara – Body Party
15. Ghost Town DJ’s – My Boo
16. KP & Envi – Shorty Swing My Way
17. Prince – I Would Die 4 U
18. Bruno Mars – Locked Out Of Heaven
19. Florence Welch – Sweet Nothing